Thursday, June 11, 2020

For You Have Been Given Not Only The Privilege Of Trusting In Christ But Also The Privilege Of Suffering For Him.


For You Have Been Given
Not Only The Privilege Of Trusting In Christ
But Also The Privilege Of Suffering For Him.
Scripture
Philippians 1
29 For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him. 
30 We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I am still in the midst of it.
Observation
Philippians 1:29, this verse means so much to me. My very good friend, Missionary John Seale, sent me this verse before he died of cancer several years ago. It was during a time in my life when I was struggling with my health after my heart attack and John wrote to encourage me (even as sick as he was) and said this:
Such difficulties bring many of us to a depth of spiritual oneness and fellowship with our Maker that most believers would not understand.” Philippians 1:29 “For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.”
If you are suffering I hope and pray that your suffering is drawing you closer to the Lord.
My prayer is that even if your present suffering is from your own doing that God will use it to draw you closer to Him.
Application

I am grateful to wake up to enjoy another day here on planet Earth.

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to live another day. Help me to be optimistic about the future even in the middle of all of this uncertainty. I know that my future is in Your hands. I pray for our country. I pray for peace. I pray for godly leaders to rise up and walk us through this difficult time.
I pray for Missionary Martha Moore today on her birthday. Bless her, Lord. May Your face with favor on her today!
Daily Bible Reading: Song 5,6,7,8; Philippians 1



No comments: