Friday, June 19, 2020

“Christ Jesus Came Into The World To Save Sinners” And I Am The Worst Of Them All.


Christ Jesus Came Into The World To Save Sinners”
And
I Am The Worst Of Them All.
Scripture
1 Timothy 1
15 This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. 
16 But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.
Observation
The danger of comparing ourselves with the people around us is that if we do that then we might not realize just how rotten of sinners we really are!
You, my friend, are rotten to the core. And so am I. We are sinners.
Are you spending all of your time pointing out the speck or specks in other peoples' eyes when you can't even see the log that is in yours?
My friend, you and I, are far from perfect. We are in desperate need of a Savior.
We live in a world of ruthless, uncaring, critical people, ready to devour and destroy one another. We live in a world that desperately needs to see Jesus in us.
1 Peter 4:8

Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Philippians 2:3
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
Luke 6:41-42
41And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own?
42 How can you think of saying, ‘Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.
Application
I will focus my attention on making sure that Eddy is right with the Lord. Then I will look for opportunities to help others know more about Jesus Christ. Nothing is more important than that … nothing!
How about you? Worried about the “speck” or are you taking care of the “log”? Critical/Judgmental?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that it is not my job to point out everybody else's faults. I know that I live in a fallen world, an evil, sinful world that desperately needs Jesus. Outsiders, those who are not believers, can't be expected to live like someone who has a personal relationship with You. So help me to live my life in a way that points people to Jesus. Give me the capacity to love people even when they are ugly and hurtful towards me.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 1,2,3; Psalms 82; 1 Timothy 1



No comments: