Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Therefore, Accept Each Other Just As Christ Has Accepted You So That God Will Be Given Glory.


Therefore, Accept Each Other
Just As Christ Has Accepted You
So That God Will Be Given Glory.
Scripture
Romans 15
7 Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. 
8 Remember that Christ came as a servant to the Jews to show that God is true to the promises he made to their ancestors. 
9 He also came so that the Gentiles might give glory to God for his mercies to them. That is what the psalmist meant when he wrote:
For this, I will praise you among the Gentiles;
    I will sing praises to your name.”
10 And in another place it is written,
Rejoice with his people,
    you Gentiles.”
11 And yet again,
Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles.
    Praise him, all you people of the earth.”
12 And in another place Isaiah said,
The heir to David’s throne will come,
    and he will rule over the Gentiles.
They will place their hope on him.”
Observation
The Gospel is for all people. The Apostle Paul paid dearly when he took the message of Christ to those who were not Jewish. In 2 Corinthians 11:24-27  we read:
Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes.  Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea.  I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.”
And finally Paul was put to death because of his faith and his insistence of reaching the entire world with the Good News of Christ.
It wasn't always that way for Paul. For a time in Paul's life he thought that he was doing something special for God by hunting down Christians, throwing them into prison, and putting them to death. But then the Apostle Paul had a Damascus road experience (Acts 8).
The Apostle Peter, like Paul, had a hard time believing that the Good News of Jesus Christ could actually be for everyone. He had his wake up call when God instructed him to go to a Gentile named Cornelius (Acts 10).
Simon Peter got the message that God is not a respecter of persons. Acts 10:34Peter began to speak: “I really understand now that to God every person is the same.” Simon Peter was also put to death for his faith.
Anytime that I think I am inherently better than someone else I am believing a lie straight from the pit of hell.
Red, Yellow, Black, and White … they are “all” precious in His sight!
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Application
I am glad that my friends are a reflection of what Heaven is going to be like.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for our nation. I pray that You put an end to the riots and lawlessness. I pray for something good to come out of this terrible situation. I know that You are not surprised by this, but I also know that this must break Your heart. I am so glad that You are my Heavenly Father. I have Your promise that even in bad days like these that You are going to take care of me. Even when I go through things that are bad I have Your promise that You will turn them around for my good.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 3 For I am the Lord, your God, ...
Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 25,26,27; Romans 15



No comments: