Saturday, June 06, 2020

Salvation Is Not A Reward For The Good Things We Have Done, So None Of Us Can Boast About It.


Salvation Is Not A Reward
For The Good Things We Have Done,
So None Of Us Can Boast About It.
Scripture
Ephesians 2
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Observation
There are two groups of people in this world according to Ephesians – Jews and Gentiles. Jesus Christ came to save both groups! If you are not a Jew then you are a Gentile. Everyone that is not Jewish is a Gentile. The Jews wrongly thought they were superior to everyone else because they were a chosen nation, chosen by God Himself.
True, they were a chosen nation, but they were never supposed to look at themselves as superior or better than those around them. They were supposed to be a light to the other nations. They were supposed to help everyone else know and experience their God.
Isaiah 49:6
6 He says, “You will do more than restore the people of Israel to me.
    I will make you a light to the Gentiles,
    and you will bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.”
The same holds true for us today. If you and I are followers of Jesus Christ, then you have been chosen by God. But just like the Jewish nation, you and I as followers of Christ are to be the light to those around us.
1 Peter 2:9
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.
We are to walk in humility and think of others as better than ourselves.
Philippians 2:3-8
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
6 Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.
7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
    he took the humble position of a slave
    and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,

8 he humbled himself in obedience to God
    and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
Application
I am still alive today for the sole purpose of being able to help someone else come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I am saved not because of anything that I have done, but only because Jesus loves me and saved me.
How about you? Do you know why you are still alive?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to see another day of life. I know that each one of them are numbered. Help me not to be afraid to share my faith with someone that You bring across my path. Help me to be both bold and at the same time humble. Thank You for my salvation. I realize that it is a gift. It is Your greatest gift that anyone could ever receive and I am thankful that I have it.

I pray for the salvation of any person who reads this blog. Help them to place their faith and their trust in Jesus and in what He did on the cross for them. Clear their minds of stuff that gets in their way of eternal life.
Daily Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 1,2,3; Psalms 45; Ephesians 2



No comments: