Thursday, June 25, 2020

For God Has Not Given Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity, But Of Power, Love, And Self-discipline.


For God Has Not Given Us
A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity,
But Of Power, Love, And Self-discipline.
Scripture
2 Timothy 1
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Observation
We live in very fearful days. Covid 19 is dramatically on the rise in our state and in our county and in our city and yet way too many people still refuse to believe that it is real and so they are refusing to do the very simple things that could help stop or at least slow down the spread of this deadly disease.
So … I had to remind myself last night, during the night, and when I woke up this morning that God has not given me a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Psalm 56:3-4
3 But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
4 I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
Psalm 3:5-7
5 I lay down and slept,
    yet I woke up in safety,
    for the Lord was watching over me.
6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
    who surround me on every side.
Psalm 23:4
4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Psalm 91:4-6
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
    nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Application
I will do everything that I can to keep from getting the Covid 19 virus and from passing it along to someone else. And I will not be afraid.
How about you? Are you being careful or careless?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be careful and not reckless. I know that stupid is as stupid does. Keep me and my family safe from stupid, reckless, careless people. I am holding on to all of Your promises in Your Word. I am clinging to all of the verses that tell me not to be afraid and all of the verses that remind me that You are with me.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Keep them and their family safe.
Daily Bible Reading: Joel 1,2,3; 2 Timothy 1



No comments: