Sunday, June 21, 2020

If Calamity Comes Upon Us, Whether The Sword Of Judgment, Or Plague Or Famine, We Will Stand In Your Presence Before This Temple That Bears Your Name ...


If Calamity Comes Upon Us, Whether The Sword Of Judgment,
Or Plague Or Famine, We Will Stand In Your Presence
Before This Temple That Bears Your Name ...
Scripture
2 Chronicles 20
If calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, or plague or famine, we will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your Name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us.’
Observation
We will cry out to You in our distress, and You will hear us and save us! This was King Jehoshaphat's words of faith and part of his prayer as a vast army was approaching to destroy his people.
You and I need to do the same thing. We need to rely on the Lord to take care of us.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
God has not changed. The God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament and He is the same God today!
He will keep His promises. Trust Him!
Application
I will cry out to the Lord during this time of calamity that has come upon us.
How about you?
2 Corinthians 1:20-21
20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 
21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,
Jeremiah 33:3
Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and incomprehensible things you do not know.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You never change. You are always the same. You are not fickle. What ever promise You make I know that You will keep. All of Your promises will happen. You will keep every single one of them. All of the stories that I read in Your Word all help me to know Your heart. They help me understand what a loving and kind heavenly Father You are. Help me to trust You with all of my heart. Help us get through this difficult time in the life of our country and our world.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 6,7; 2 Chronicles 20; 1 Timothy 3



No comments: