Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Teach Those Who Are Rich In This World Not To Be Proud And Not To Trust In Their Money, Which Is So Unreliable. …


Teach Those Who Are Rich In This World
Not To Be Proud And Not To Trust In Their Money,
Which Is So Unreliable. …
Scripture
1 Timothy 6
6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 
7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 
8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 
10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.
17 Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 
18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 
19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.
Observation
You and I are some of the richest people in this world so don't think the Apostle Paul is talking to someone else. He is talking to us!
When I served as a Missionary to Cuba I met many doctors there who were members of our Baptist churches – cardiologists, oncologists, and even a neurosurgeon and they all had this in common … they all made $30 a month. A common worker in the fields would make about $18 a month.
Hopefully the situation has improved for the people but I doubt that if it has improved that it has improved very much.
You and I are rich! We are blessed!
So these verses very much apply to us. They do apply to me.
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.”
Let's not let ourselves be pierced with many sorrows over money…
Let's use our money to do good. Let's be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. (1Timothy 6:18 personalized)
Application
I will look for ways to be generous with what God has given us.
How about you? Sorrows or Blessings?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me be stingy. Don't let me love money. I realize how blessed we are here in our country compared to most of the rest of the world. Show me who needs to be encouraged. Show me who needs our help.
I pray for my family. Keep them safe from this virus.
I pray for our leaders. Help them to have godly wisdom as they attempt to lead us through this difficult time in our country.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 11,12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6



No comments: