Sunday, June 14, 2020

Don't Worry About Anything; Instead, Pray About Everything. Tell God What You Need, And Thank Him For All He Has Done.


Don't Worry About Anything; Instead, Pray About Everything.
Tell God What You Need,
And Thank Him For All He Has Done.
Scripture
Philippians 4
4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!
5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Observation
This is one of my favorite chapters in all of the Bible and Philippians 4:6-7 are two of my favorite verses that I probably share the most while I am at the hospital! Here is how you can share them so you or someone else can remember what they say … simply by using the fingers on one of your hands.
Thumb … Don’t worry about anything ...
Index or Pointer finger … Instead, pray about everything.
Middle finger … Tell God what you need,
Ring finger … Thank him for all he has done.
Pinky finger … Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Try it! It is an easy way to help you both memorize the two verses and then it is a great way to teach them to someone else.
Application
I will use and share God's Word with people every chance I get.
How about you? Have you memorized Philippians 4:6-7, 8 & 19? If not why not start today!
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for the people that I had a chance to visit today in the hospital. I pray for healing. Use this time in the hospital to draw them closer to You.
I pray for my family. Help them not to worry about anything, but instead pray about everything. May they talk to You about what they need and thank You for all that You have done in their lives. So Your peace can fill their hearts and their minds.
I pray this for anyone that may read this blog today too!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 15; 2 Chronicles 13,14; Philippians 4



No comments: