Saturday, June 13, 2020

He Will Take Our Weak Mortal Bodies And Change Them Into Glorious Bodies Like His Own …


He Will Take Our Weak Mortal Bodies
And Change Them
Into Glorious Bodies Like His Own …
Scripture
Philippians 3
20 But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. 
21 He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.
Observation
Chained in a jail cell the Apostle Paul writes the letter that we call “Philippians” to the church in Philippi and confidently declares that our citizenship is in Heaven where Jesus Christ lives.
If you are familiar with the small 4 chapter book of Philippians then you know that the main theme of the book was “Joy” and how to have it.
Living under the rule of the Roman Empire was not pleasant for believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. They experienced terrible persecution either from the Roman government or from the Jewish religious leaders and yet the Apostle Paul focused on what we have in Christ and did not complain about his situation.
With everything that is going on in this country of ours and in this world that we live in, I am grateful to be reminded this morning as I read God's Word that this Earth is not my home. I am just passing through.
It is also nice to know that God is going to take this weak old body of mine and replace it with one that is just like Jesus' body … one that is glorious! No more pain … no more weakness … Come Lord, Jesus! Come!
Application
My citizenship is in heaven where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.
How about yours?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You that this is not my forever home. I am just passing through. Help me to live in a way that pleases You while I am here. Help me to focus on what is really important – the people around me. Don't let me be self centered and inward focused. Help me to see what is going on in our country from Your eyes, from Your perspective. Stop the evil, the lawlessness, the prejudice, the pitting of one race against the other, and protect my family from Satan's evil schemes and from people who are doing his bidding. Nothing is too hard for You.
I pray for my son Eddie this morning on his birthday. Bless him, Lord. Help him to shine for you. Give him a very special day today with his family!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 12; Philippians 3



No comments: