Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Don't Let Anyone Capture You With Empty Philosophies And High-Sounding Nonsense That Come From Human Thinking


Don't Let Anyone Capture You With Empty Philosophies
And High-Sounding Nonsense
That Come From Human Thinking
Scripture
Colossians 2
6 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 
7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
8 Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.
9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.
10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
Observation

With all of the misinformation (lies) swirling around us and bombarding us constantly every single day I am afraid that if we are not firmly grounded in God's Word we could be swept away by all the empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking.
The only way to avoid being misled is to put into practice Colossians 2:6-7 which says,
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.”
What does God's Word say about what is happening in our lives today?
Are we spending more time in God's Word or are we spending our time listening to 'empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking'?
James 3:17
If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.
Application
I am digging into the Word of God for direction in my life.
How about you? Have you taken time to read God's Word today?
1 Corinthians 3:18-20
18 Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. 
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say,
He traps the wise
    in the snare of their own cleverness.”
20 And again,
The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise;
    he knows they are worthless.”
Hebrews 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me believe a lie. Don't let me be led astray. Don't let me believe what anyone says when it contradicts what You clearly say in Your Word. Use Your Word in my life to cut away anything that doesn't belong. One day I know that I will give an account to You about how I have lived my life. On that day I want You to be able to smile at me and not frown. Help me to live my life in a way that brings You glory. I want people to see Jesus in me.
I pray for anyone who may read this blog today. Give them godly wisdom and understanding. Help them see what is happening in our country and in their life from Your perspective. Help them to be in Your Word every day and growing in Christ.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 17,18,19; Colossians 2



No comments: