Friday, June 05, 2020

God Decided In Advance To Adopt Us Into His Own Family By Bringing Us To Himself Through Jesus Christ. This Is What He Wanted To Do, And It Gave Him Great Pleasure.


God Decided In Advance To Adopt Us Into His Own Family
By Bringing Us To Himself Through Jesus Christ.
This Is What He Wanted To Do, And It Gave Him Great Pleasure.
Scripture
Ephesians 1
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.
4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
6 So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.
7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
8 He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.
Observation
Ephesians has six chapters, so for six days I get to walk through the book of Ephesians, a chapter each day. If you read the Bible very much I am sure that Ephesians is probably one of your favorite books to read just like it is mine.
It is rich. It is worth taking a few minutes of your time and mine to read and ponder.
The first few chapters tell us about all that we have because we belong to Christ, then there are some chapters that tell us how to live out our lives while here on Earth, then we are told how to stand against our enemy the Devil and all of his cronies.
Do Ephesians 1:3-8 describe what has happened to you? If Jesus Christ is not your Lord and Your Savior then these verses do not apply to you.
I have been adopted into the family of God through Jesus Christ. I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm because of my relationship with Jesus. He has showered His kindness on me, along with all wisdom and understanding.
Application
I am a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I have a rich inheritance waiting for me.
Ephesians 1:10-11
10 And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth. 
11 Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the desire to read Your Word every day. Don't let me go a day without spending time reading and thinking about what You are saying to me. Our country is so messed up right now. Show me how to be a light in this darkness. Don't let me be influenced by the evil that surrounds me. Give me the wisdom and understanding I need to make godly decisions and godly choices. Guard my heart. Thank You that planet Earth is not my final home. I am just passing through.
I pray for our leaders … give them wisdom. Help them to make good decisions. I know that ultimately everything is going to work out according to Your plan. I have Your Word on that ... in Ephesians 1:11, Romans 8:28, John 16:33!
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
John 16:33
33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 30,31; Psalms 33; Ephesians 1



No comments: