Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Ask Yourself What You Want People To Do For You, Then Grab The Initiative And Do It For Them.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Ask Yourself
What You Want People To Do For You,
Then Grab The Initiative And Do It For Them.



Scripture

Matthew 7:12

“Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God’s Law and Prophets and this is what you get. MESSAGE

“Always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that sums up the teaching of the Torah and the Prophets. CJB

Observation

If we just put into practice this one small verse it could save our marriage, our job, our business, our relationships, and it could turn our lives completely around!

Why don’t we do it?

Because we are selfish! The core problem in our marriage, where we work, maybe with your company, with our relationships that have gone south is “Me – Myself – and I”. We have an “I” problem.

Lets change that today and put into practice Matthew 7:12!

Look around and lets do some things for other people that you would have liked for them to do for you. (And lets do it without ,,,,, grumbling!)

Lets not worry about what we will get in return!

Application

I will look today at how I can put this verse into practice. How about you?

Prayer


Heavenly Father, don’t let me be concerned today about me, myself, and I. Help me to focus on the needs of those around me and not on myself. You know everyone of my needs and You have millions of ways of taking care of me. Don’t let me grumble today. Put joy in my heart. Show me what I need to focus on today. Help me to live out what I read each day in Your Word. Remind me, as many times as needed that life is not all about “me”.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: