Monday, April 18, 2016

In My Desperation, I Prayed And The LORD Listened


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

In My Desperation, I Prayed
And
The LORD Listened




Scripture


Psalm 34

In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
    he saved me from all my troubles.
For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him.



Observation

Let me go and get my notes out from yesterday’s sermon! Pastor Bruce preached from Luke chapter 8 and talked about 2 people that desperately sought the help of Jesus. 

Here are a few things that I wrote down yesterday from what Pastor Bruce shared in his message:

1. Only when we are desperate will God respond. 2. God displays His greatest glory when you and I are dependent on Him. 3. Jesus already knows your mess (your disaster) and He already knows how to fix your mess! 4. Disasters bring us to our knees and make us willing and available to do what God wants us to do. 

King David of the Old Testament, Jairus and the woman with the issue of blood found in the New Testament, all three had this in common they were all desperate people that turned to God for help and God helped them. 

Let’s not be hardheaded. Let’s not be stupid. Let’s ask for God’s help with whatever situation we find ourselves in today. 

Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us, Ephesians 3:20 Amplified

Application


I will pray to the Lord and He will save me from all of my troubles. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will bless You every chance I get; my lungs expand with Your praise. I live and breathe You! When I am desperate, I call out, and You get me out of tight spots. Your angel sets up a circle of protection around me while I pray. 

You keep an eye on me because I am your friend and your ears pick up every moan and groan. I get into trouble often even still but You are there every time. You are my bodyguard, shielding every bone; not even a finger gets broken. When I cry for help You are listening and You are ready to rescue me. (Taken from Psalm 34 and Personalized into a prayer)



Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 20,21; Psalm 34; Matthew 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: