Saturday, April 09, 2016

But If You Remain In Me And My Words Remain In You, You May Ask For Anything You Want, And It Will Be Granted!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But If You Remain In Me And My Words Remain In You,
You May
Ask For Anything You Want, And It Will Be Granted!


Scripture

John 15

But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!

Observation

I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.  And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him.  And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.” 1 John 5:13-15

When you and I talk to our Heavenly Father are we praying and asking Him for things that would please Him or our prayers totally selfish - that is the huge, the big, and the all important question?

Is what I am asking God to do something that would please Him?

When I pray for people and I ask God to bless them, when I ask God to show His favor on them, I know that I am praying in a way that pleases Him and I know that He will answer me.

What are we praying about today?

I believe, at least for me, when I am walking in a close relationship with the Lord He puts things on my heart that He wants me to pray for and it gives Him great joy to answer my prayers.


Application

I am confident that God hears me whenever I ask for anything that pleases Him. And I know that He will give me what I ask for.

Prayer

My prayer for anyone that may be reading my blog today

 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.  

And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. 

Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:16-20



Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 6,7; Psalm 72; 2 Corinthians 9; Psalm 9, 109; Proverbs 9; John 15



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: