Saturday, April 30, 2016

Open The Mouth Of The First Fish You Catch, And You Will Find A Large Silver Coin


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Open The Mouth
Of The First Fish You Catch,
And You Will Find A Large Silver Coin 


           
Scripture

Matthew 17

24 On their arrival in Capernaum, the collectors of the Temple tax came to Peter and asked him, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the Temple tax?”

25 “Yes, he does,” Peter replied. Then he went into the house.

But before he had a chance to speak, Jesus asked him, “What do you think, Peter? Do kings tax their own people or the people they have conquered?”

26 “They tax the people they have conquered,” Peter replied.
“Well, then,” Jesus said, “the citizens are free!  

27 However, we don’t want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us.”

Observation

Simon Peter was a fishermen before he became a Christ Follower and I can just imagine what Peter thought when he heard Jesus (son of a Carpenter) tell him to go do this!

I can picture his face when he caught that first fish and looked in that fish’s mouth and found that large silver coin just like Jesus said he would.

I bet Peter always looked in every fishes mouth after catching that one!

Here is one of the lessons for us from this story and I am sure that there are lots more that you could come up with: When I have a relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ and I put God first then He will provide for each and every one of my needs.
           
Application

God has a million; no, no, God has a thousand million ways to take care of my needs.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for taking care of me and I know that you will supply all my needs from Your glorious riches, which have been given to me in Christ Jesus. So I give all praise to You, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, You have blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because I am united with Christ. Philippians 4:19 & Ephesians 1:7 (Personalized)

Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 6; 1 Chronicles 13; Psalm 68; Matthew 17



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: