Sunday, April 10, 2016

When The Storms Of Life Come, The Wicked Are Whirled Away, But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


When The Storms Of Life Come,
The Wicked Are Whirled Away,
But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.



Scripture

Proverbs 10

25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away,
    but the godly have a lasting foundation.


Observation

Last week Pastor Bruce Moore preached a message from Luke 8! His message series is called, “Unstoppable”.

Last Sunday’s message was the story of Jesus, his disciples, in a boat, and in a storm with the disciples thinking that they were going to drown, and with Jesus still asleep taking a nap.

Storms of life are so necessary. They are faith builders.

You are either in a storm, just gone through a storm, or heading into one very soon!

One of the points that Pastor Bruce made last week was, “God is not in a hurry to get us out of the storm.” He is using these storms to build us into believers who are “UNSTOPPABLE”!

I always think of these verses when I am going through a difficult time - a storm.

    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The Lord created you. (Eddy), he made you, and now he says, “Don’t be afraid. I saved you. I named you. You are mine. When you have troubles, I am with you. When you cross rivers, you will not be hurt. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not hurt you. That’s because I, the Lord, am your God. I, the Holy One of Israel, am your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3 (Personalized)

  Application

As I go through storms I will place my faith and trust in Jesus. He is my Anchor! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I go through the storms that come my way, I pray that I will see You in the midst of the storm. Help those going through difficult times to put their faith and trust in You. Show them that they can count on You. I pray for Pastor Bruce today. Speak through him to speak to us. I pray that people would respond to the Gospel message and I pray that your people would be strengthened through Your Word.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 8,9,10; 2 Corinthians 10; Psalm 10, Proverbs 10



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: