Sunday, April 24, 2016

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Come To Me,
All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens,
And I Will Give You Rest.


Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” NLT

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” MESSAGE

Observation

I don’t believe that you are honest if you tell me that you don’t ever get tired and weary? Liar – Liar – Pants on fire!

We all get weary! We all sometimes feel worn out!

Jesus says to you and He says to me this morning, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”

That is exactly what I am going to do with this tired worn out old body of mine this morning - I am going to Jesus. I need some rest. How about you?


Application

Today I am going to keep company with Jesus. I am rolling all my burdens over onto Him. How about you?

Give your burdens to the Lord. He will carry them. He will not permit the godly to slip or fall. Psalm 55:22

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is the day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.               I will take You at Your Word when You say to me “come and I will give you rest. I know that in You I will find rest for my soul. Help me to enjoy being with Your people today at church. Bless Your church today as we meet all over this world to worship You and glorify Your Name! Bless Pastor Bruce and Heather and use them to lead us. Meet their deepest needs. Give them the strength and wisdom for the day ahead of them. 

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 28,29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: