Thursday, April 14, 2016

Listen! Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Listen!
Obedience
Is Better Than Sacrifice


Scripture

1 Samuel 15    

22 But Samuel replied,
“What is more pleasing to the Lord:
    your burnt offerings and sacrifices
    or your obedience to his voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
    and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.


Observation

Saul disobeyed God’s command to completely destroy the Amalekite nation—men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys.”

Instead of obeying what God said, “Saul kept the best of all the animals and Saul even he even spared the life of king Agag in total disobedience to what God had said.

Saul made up excuses for his disobedience and told the prophet Samuel that he had saved the animals to use them as burnt offerings and sacrifices.

This act of disobedience cost Saul his throne. 

Disobedience is so very costly. Moses, because of his disobedience did not get to go into the Promise Land. King David, because of his disobedience, brought death and destruction to his family. 

You and I can walk in obedience. We can please the Lord. It is a daily choice that you and I need to make!

“But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.” Numbers 32:23

Application

I will strive to walk in obedience to what God has shown me in His Word. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have given me examples in Your Word of men and women that walked in obedience to You and how You blessed their lives. You have also given me examples of what happens when men and women decide to walk in disobedience to You. Help me to never forget any of those examples. I don’t want to live in disobedience. I don’t want to experience the pain and suffering that comes with that kind of life style. Help me to walk in obedience. Help me to keep my sins confessed. I want my family to be blessed because of the choices that I make and not cursed. Don’t let me mess up.  


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 15,16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1; Psalm 14, Psalm 114, Proverbs 14



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: