Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Your Heavenly Father Already Knows All Your Needs. Seek The Kingdom Of God, Above All Else, And Live Righteously, And He Will Give You Everything You Need.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Your Heavenly Father Already Knows All Your Needs.
Seek The Kingdom Of God, Above All Else, And Live Righteously,
And He Will Give You Everything You Need.


Scripture

Matthew 6

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
 
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Observation

Yesterday, as I talked with 2 different couples that were homeless, one of the couples was sleeping in their car, and the other couple had been sleeping on the ground. I shared with them Matthew 6:33. I told them that if they would put God and His Kingdom first in their lives that God would take care of their needs.

Their immediate and two very obvious needs were shelter and jobs. But there were other needs probably way more urgent that only God could see and that only God could meet. 

I shared with these couples that I believe that when we put God first in our lives, when we walk in obedience to what God has written in His Word that God has an umbrella of blessing that He places over us. When we choose to disobey God and we continue in sin it is a choice that takes us out from under His umbrella of blessing and that my friend is not a fun place to find ourselves.

As I talked to people yesterday at Mission Tampa and told them about the abundant life that they could experience if they would surrender their lives to Jesus Christ I realized that only God could open up their hearts and only God could give them understanding to the Gospel message. If I could reach in and change their hearts and change the direction of their lives I would do it in a heartbeat, but I can’t.

So why do I keep telling people about the Good News of Jesus Christ? Why do I keep urging people to turn from sin and self and turn to Christ? Because I know that some of them will and I know that some of them will be transformed from a life of self-destruction to a life filled with meaning and purpose.

And I know that they have no hope without a relationship with Jesus Christ and by the way my friend neither do you.

Application


I will continue to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with every person that I can. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are so many people heading in the wrong direction. So many people are living lives without purpose, without meaning, and without You. Give me the ability to share my faith in a way that people can understand the Gospel message. Help me to live in a way that draws people to Jesus and does not push them away. Keep me from stupid sins, sins that would mess me up and leave me ineffective as Your witness. I pray for those I talked with at Mission Tampa yesterday. Help those who are homeless get off the streets. Protect them. Help them to put You first in their lives so they can experience the life that was intended for them when they were created by You.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: