Thursday, April 21, 2016

Because You Believed, It Has Happened


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Because
You Believed,
It Has Happened



Scripture

Matthew 8

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!

13 Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go back home. Because you believed, it has happened.” And the young servant was healed that same hour.

Observation

It was the faith of this Roman soldier that amazed Jesus Christ! Wouldn’t it be something if your faith and my faith amazed our Heavenly Father?

Are there people in our lives that we want to see transformed? Are there circumstances in our lives that we want to see turned around? Are there prayers that up to this point are still unanswered? 

Of course there are, God created us and designed us to be dependent on Him. To live life the way God intended for it to be lived requires us to have faith in Creator God and look to Him for help with each and every challenge we face. 

The Bible is full of examples of men and women of great faith:

Even if He kills me, I will hope in Him. I will still defend my ways before Him. Job 13:15 HCSB

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19

…. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.” Esther 4:16

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Application

I will ask the Lord to give me the kind of faith in Him that makes Him smile! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, everyday it seems that You give me more and more and more opportunities to exercise my faith. Things don’t seem to be getting easier as I get older. Everything seems to be getting harder and more complicated. I guess that helps me to have more faith in You and less faith in myself. Help me to have the kind of faith that makes You smile and not frown. I want to amaze You with my faith like this Roman soldier did. Help me to trust You today with the things in my life that seem and are so out of my control and that seem to be heading in a bad direction for those I love. You are Sovereign. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. You will answer my prayers. You are on my side!

I pray for my son Hugh today on his birthday. I pray that You bless him. Bless his family. Help him to live his life in a way that pleases You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 24; Psalm 57,58; 1 Chronicles 8; Matthew 8



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: