Tuesday, April 26, 2016

“He’s Just The Carpenter’s Son”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“He’s
Just
The Carpenter’s Son”


Scripture

Matthew 13

 54 … When he taught there in the synagogue, everyone was amazed and said, “Where does he get this wisdom and the power to do miracles?” 55 Then they scoffed, “He’s just the carpenter’s son, and we know Mary, his mother, and his brothers—James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas. 56 All his sisters live right here among us. Where did he learn all these things?” 57 And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.

Observation

Who is Jesus Christ to you? Maybe you too have refused to believe in Him. Maybe just being around His followers is offensive to you.

Before I came to put my faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ I remember making fun of and ridiculing a fellow football player because he openly professed his relationship to Jesus Christ. 

I guess I was 17 years old when I did that but to this day I have never forgotten doing that and I have never forgotten the powerful influence of that football player’s witness for Christ. .

Even though today for the life of me I cannot remember his name, but I have always admired that guy’s courage and boldness and I am ashamed of what I did.

You see at age 19 I became a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. At 17 years of age I scoffed at the name of Jesus, but not today! How about you?

Who is Jesus to you, just a Carpenter’s son or King of Kings and Lord of Lords?


Application


I will not be ashamed to talk to anyone about my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, even though I cannot remember that football player’s name I know that what He did got Your attention. He has rewards waiting for Him in Heaven for his bold and strong witness. Thank goodness 2 years later after making fun of that guy for his faith You changed my life. I pray for those around me who continue to live life scoffing at Christians just like I did.  Give them faith to believe! 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: