Thursday, April 07, 2016

I Have The Highest Confidence In You, And I Take Great Pride In You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Have
The Highest Confidence In You,
And I Take Great Pride In You.




Scripture

2 Corinthians 7 

I have the highest confidence in you, and I take great pride in you. You have greatly encouraged me and made me happy despite all our troubles.

Observation

I am proud of you!

Those are great words to hear someone say to you and me, but they are even more special when you and I say those words to someone else.

Encouragement! We all need it. The Apostle Paul when dealing with the church at Corinth usually did not have very good things to say about them. Just think about his first letter and how fiercely he corrected them in 1 Corinthians.

It wasn’t that suddenly they were a perfect church when he wrote 2 Corinthians, but Paul saw things in them that he could brag on and so he did.

Good lesson for you and for me.

Letting people know that they are doing a good job, letting them know that we are proud of them, and letting people know that we still have confidence in them builds people up.

If you are on a team, doesn’t matter if it is a sports team or like at my house, “Team Williams”, we must build people up! They have to hear from us that they are doing good. They must here from us that we are proud of them and that we still have confidence in them.

Who do we need to write? Who do we need to call? Who needs our encouragement today? 


Application


I will be an encourager today.  How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be an encourager. Help me to always see the potential in people. Help me to have compassion on people. Give me the ability to help people to be all that You want them to be. Don’t let me give up on anyone. Thank You for my family, my children, my grandchildren, and my extended family. Help me encourage them in their spiritual journey. I am proud of them. I do have confidence in them because I know that You are constantly at work in their lives and You are not going to give up on any of them. 


Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 1,2; Psalms 66; 2 Corinthians 7 







Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: