Monday, April 04, 2016

We Have Troubles All Around Us, But We Are Not Defeated. We Do Not Know What To Do, But We Do Not Give Up The Hope Of Living.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Have Troubles All Around Us, But We Are Not Defeated.
We Do Not Know What To Do,
But We Do Not Give Up The Hope Of Living.


Scripture

2 Corinthians 4

We have this treasure from God, but we are like clay jars that hold the treasure. This shows that the great power is from God, not from us. We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up the hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed.

Observation

Just because Jesus Christ is our Lord and our Savior does not mean that this life of ours is going to be easy. There are several reasons for that and I will give you a few:

  1. We live in a fallen world that is under the control of Satan. 2 Corinthians 4:4
  2. I am a sinner.
  3. You are a sinner.

I have had a few days lately where I did not know what to do. I have been like the Apostle Paul says in NLT translation of verse 8, I have been “perplexed”, but I have not given up hope. How about you?

The Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 4 shares his heart with us. He is being completely honest when he writes these words. You and I should be encouraged by what we read today.

You and I are like jars of clay. We are fragile. We are weak. The treasure of God resides within us. We are not the treasure. We are the clay.

The great power in our lives is from God, not from us!

Here is the key to living a successful Christian life. It is found in verse 2 Corinthians 4:5
“We do not preach about ourselves, but we preach that Jesus Christ is Lord and that we are your servants for Jesus.
Just in case you missed it, “we are your servants for Jesus.”

Application

I will strive this week to let people see the Treasure that resides in me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me have a servant’s heart. Help me to live in a way that people see Jesus in me. I know that the Treasure resides in me. I know that I am the clay jar. I have troubles all around me, but I am not defeated. There are times when I do not know what to do, but I do not give up the hope of living.  I feel persecuted sometimes, but You do not leave me. I am hurt sometimes, but I am not destroyed. (2 Corinthians 4:7-9 Personalized)


Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 19,20,21; 2 Corinthians 4





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: