Saturday, April 02, 2016

For The LORD Watches Over The Path Of The Godly


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For The LORD
Watches Over 
The Path Of The Godly
 
Scripture

Psalm 1

For the Lord watches over the path of the godly,

Observation

The Bible is full of promises like this one that say that God will take care of the godly.

A godly person is not someone that is perfect. A godly person is someone that strives to walk in a close relationship with his Creator, his Heavenly Father. A godly person is someone who has trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for his or her salvation.

A godly person is person who confesses his or her sins immediately and does not continue to let sins build up and come between them and their God.

Here is a good description of a godly person:
“You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:28

Here are some promises for the godly:

For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love. Psalm 5:12

For the strength of the wicked will be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly. Psalm 37:17

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


Application

I know that the Lord will take care of me as I put Him first in my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I call myself godly not because of any good thing in me. I am godly because I choose this morning to put You first in my life. As I go through this day help me to live it in a way that makes You Smile. Thank You for taking care of me, for guiding me, for always watching out over me even when I do stupid things. You are my God. You are Worthy of All Praise!


Daily Bible Reading: Judges 13,14,15,16; 2 Corinthians 2; Psalm 1


 Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: