Wednesday, April 13, 2016

These Trials Will Show That Your Faith Is Genuine


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

These Trials
Will Show
That Your Faith Is Genuine


Scripture

1 Peter 1

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

Observation

Want to get away? Want to run?

Storms, trials, troubles, persecution, and hardships are all intended to show that our faith is genuine. Our faith is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold – and it is not pleasant.

How do you handle getting tested? How do you handle trouble and/or conflict?

Peter says in verse 13 of this same chapter, “So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control.

I think that it is interesting that Peter tells us that because we have been cleansed from our sins that we must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters and we must love each other deeply with all our heart. 

 A lot of our trials and testing will come from people that God has placed around us. They are the spiritual sandpaper that God is using to make us more like His Son Jesus Christ. 

22 "You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart."

You and I must weather the storms by faith and exercise self-control. We don’t pout up, we don’t blame others for our problems and we don’t pick up our toys and go somewhere else.

We stay. We love deeply. We go through trials, lots of them and our faith remains strong.

We can’t love deeply with all of our heart if we bail on people when we get rubbed (spiritual sandpaper) the wrong way. 

Sandpaper people are everywhere!

Application

I will love deeply. I will recognize trials for what they are and I will not blame others for my situation.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me love people deeply. When I get rubbed the wrong way by someone help me to remember that this person is only being used to make me more like Jesus. Don’t let me bail on anyone. Help me to hang in there with them. Help me to love those who are not very loving. I want my faith to remain strong. I want to finish well. Don’t let me mess up.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 14; 1 Chronicles 4; 2 Corinthians 13; Psalm 13, Psalm 113, Proverbs 13; 1 Peter 1


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: