Sunday, April 17, 2016

No One Can Live Only On Food. People Need Every Word God Has Spoken.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No One
Can Live Only On Food.
People Need Every Word God Has Spoken.

In just a minute I will be heading to church and I am looking forward to having someone else teach the Bible study class that I normally teach. I am excited and ready to hear the Word of God. After that I will go over and hear Pastor Bruce preach God’s Word. If you and I are not taking time to read God’s Word every day we are starving our souls! We become an easy target for Satan and all of his tricks. You and I were not designed to go without spiritual food!


Scripture

Matthew 4

But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
‘People do not live by bread alone,
    but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’


Observation
Jesus answered, “The Scriptures say: ‘No one can live only on food. People need every word that God has spoken.’” CEV

In just a minute I will be heading to church and I am looking forward to having someone else teach the Bible study class that I normally teach. I am excited and ready to hear the Word of God. After that I will go over and hear Pastor Bruce preach God’s Word. 

I have spent a few minutes already this morning reading from 1 Samuel, 1 Chronicles, Psalms, and Matthew.

If we are not taking the time to read God’s Word every day we are starving your souls! And we become an easy target for Satan and all of his tricks. 

You and I were not designed to go without spiritual food!

No one can live only on food. 

If you and I are not in God’s Word on a daily basis … then we are not living … we just exist! 

We could even be fat on the outside but starving on the inside!

Application

I will enjoy reading and hearing the Word of God today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me love Your Word like Job did when he said, “I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth More than my necessary food.” Job 23:12 I pray for Wayne Varnes as he teaches for me today and for Pastor Bruce as he preaches. Give these men Your Words to share with us. Help me to hear from You today through these men. I pray for our church as we go out to “Feed the City”. I pray for open and receptive hearts of those we meet. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 19; 1 Chronicles 7; Psalm 59; Matthew 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: