Friday, April 22, 2016

Follow Me And Be My Disciple


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Follow Me
And
Be My Disciple

Scripture

Matthew 9

As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed him.

Observation

Headlines read this morning, “Music world stunned by death of Prince”! It is reported that in his lifetime, he sold more than 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling artists of all time.

He had quite a following. How sad and what a shame that his life ended so tragically. Were you a follower of his? 

Let me share with you someone way better to follow!

The call of Jesus Christ is not for us to go to church, even though going to church is a good thing to do. His call to us is not for us to clean up our lives even though changing our bad habits would benefit everybody. 

No, what Jesus Christ is saying to you and saying to me today is this, “Follow me and be my disciple.” 

The call of Jesus is for us to learn from Him and for us to be like Him and for us to enjoy our relationship with Him. Discipleship is a call to be with, know and enjoy the Master.

Jesus Christ like “Pop Superstar Prince” also died. Jesus was buried and placed in a tomb, but after 3 days in that tomb Jesus Christ came back to life. 

Jesus Christ is calling you and He is calling me to follow Him. Will we make the commitment to be His disciple?


Application


I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be the best disciple of Christ that I can be. Don’t let me mess up. Don’t let me let You down. Don’t let me yield to temptations. Don’t let me do stupid sins.

I pray for anyone that might be reading this blog that is still trying to decide on becoming a follower of Jesus Christ help them say, “Yes” today. Give them courage. Give them boldness. Show them. Reveal to them that everything that You say in Your Word is true and give them the faith to believe and become followers of Jesus.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 25,26; Psalm 63; Matthew 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: