Thursday, May 26, 2016

Although I Want To Do Good, Evil Is Right There With Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Although
I Want To Do Good,
Evil Is Right There With Me


Scripture

Romans 7

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.

Observation

Every day you and I are fighting a spiritual battle.

The fight, the war rages inside of each one of us. Our old sinful nature constantly wants us to sin.

If you are a Christian, a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, you have been given a new nature and that new nature urges us to live godly lives, lives that are pleasing to God.

It is like a dogfight.

A white dog and a black dog are fighting - how do you know which one will win the fight? It is the one that gets fed the most.

When you and I neglect our new nature, when we begin drifting away, not reading our Bible, missing church, missing small group, not spending time in prayer be aware that going on at the same time is our old nature with its desire to sin. It begins winning the battle and taking control.

Lets not forget – “Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me!”


Application


I will spend time in God’s Word everyday. I will feed my soul. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, guard my eyes and my heart. Help me not to sin. Don’t let me neglect spending time in Your Word. 

I pray for those reading this blog who may be struggling with sin. Give them victory. Help those with the demons of addictions walk in sobriety today. 

I pray for my family and friends that still need to yield their lives to You. Give them spiritual understanding. Show them that they can trust in and depend on You. I pray for their salvation. I pray that they will unashamedly call You their Lord and their Savior! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 1,2,3; Romans 7



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: