Friday, May 13, 2016

Yes, You Are Our Pride And Joy.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Yes,
You Are
Our Pride And Joy.


Scripture

1 Thessalonians 2

17 Dear brothers and sisters, after we were separated from you for a little while (though our hearts never left you), we tried very hard to come back because of our intense longing to see you again.
 
18 We wanted very much to come to you, and I, Paul, tried again and again, but Satan prevented us.
 
19 After all, what gives us hope and joy, and what will be our proud reward and crown as we stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns? 

It is you!
 
20 Yes, you are our pride and joy.

Observation

If you and I are a followers of the Lord Jesus Christ then we both have the same task – and that task is to make disciples!

You and I are to invest our time in the lives of those around us to help them grow in Christ.

When we stand before the Lord Jesus Christ when He returns those that we have helped in the spiritual journey will be our proud reward and crown.

How are we doing?

Two mornings ago my Bible reading took me to Matthew 28:18-20 where we find the Great Commission. These verses are still on my mind.

What gives me hope and joy? Who will be my proud reward and crown as I stand before our Lord Jesus when returns?

Will there be people in Heaven because of me? Will there be people in Heaven because of you? Who will be our pride and joy?


Application

I am asking God to show me the man that is spiritual hungry that I can invest extra time in to help him grow in his walk with Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show how to use my time in the best way to further Your Kingdom. Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to help men and women grow in Christ. Show me where and how to use my time to make it count for Eternity. Give me Your heart for those around me. Don’t let me slack off. Don’t let me miss an opportunity to help men grow stronger in Christ.

I pray for my children and my grandchildren. Show them the abundant life that is available to them when they walk in Your direction and walk in obedience to what You say in Your Word.


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 21; Psalms 30; 1 Thessalonians 2




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: