Monday, May 09, 2016

Let Me Proclaim Your Power To This New Generation


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Let Me
Proclaim
Your Power To This New Generation

Scripture

Psalm 71

18 Now that I am old and gray,
    do not abandon me, O God.
Let me proclaim your power to this new generation,
    your mighty miracles to all who come after me.


Observation

The real danger I see in getting old is not all the health issues that come with having so many birthdays, no the terrible danger I see is that if we are not careful we will lose our purpose and our focus and we will cease being an influence to this new generation!

Don’t get caught in the trap of trying to keep things the way they used to be and spending all your time fussing and grumbling about this new generation!

Instead of acting old, grumpy, and demanding …  you and I (if we are old and gray) should instead use our influence to proclaim God’s power and His mighty miracles to this new generation! 

Lets let them see Jesus in us!

As I look around at the crowd on Sunday mornings and I see hundreds of young people who are spiritually hungry and desperately seeking answers to the struggles in their lives.

Let’s engage this young new generation and let’s proclaim to them the life changing miraculous power of our Wonderful God!


Application

I will proclaim unapologetically God’s power to this new generation! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know me. You know how easy it is for me to complain and You know how easy it is for me to have my attitude adjusted in the wrong direction. Help me not to miss what You are doing in the lives of the people around me and don’t let me miss out on being a godly influence to them. I pray for my children and my grandchildren. I pray that they see Jesus in me. Help them to become faithful followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 17; Psalms 71; Matthew 26



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: