Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Take Courage And Be A Man


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Take
Courage
And Be A Man



Scripture

As the time of King David’s death approached, he gave this charge to his son Solomon:

2 “I am going where everyone on earth must someday go. Take courage and be a man.
 
3 Observe the requirements of the Lord your God, and follow all his ways. Keep the decrees, commands, regulations, and laws written in the Law of Moses so that you will be successful in all you do and wherever you go.
 
4 If you do this, then the Lord will keep the promise he made to me. He told me, ‘If your descendants live as they should and follow me faithfully with all their heart and soul, one of them will always sit on the throne of Israel.’

Observation

King David knew that his son Solomon did not grow up a warrior like he grew up. Now Solomon was to take on the responsibility of being the King of Israel and his father’s words to him were, “Take courage and be a man.”

Good words for any Dad to say to his son and it is a good word for me and you today, “Take courage and be a man.”

We live in a culture where men seem to forget that they are supposed to be men. So many of us are “passive”. We need to man up! Men need to be men!

I want the men of our church to be real men! Real men love their wives!

A real man doesn’t dump all the responsibility of the household on his wife. If he needs to work two or three jobs to meet the needs of his family he does it! He doesn’t spend his time playing while his wife is out working to provide for her family.
A woman needs to respect her man and men need to love their wives. Let’s be the kind of man that our wives can respect!

If you are a woman and you are reading this let me tell you how you can help your man be the man that you can respect. Praise him every time he does something worthy of praise – no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.

Gals, if you respect your man and praise him when he does something good it will help him be the man that you want him to be and it will make it easier for him to love you the way that you want to be loved!

Application

I will encourage my sons to be the men that God wants them to be.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, in this mixed up world that we live in it is difficult it seems for men to be men of courage. Help me live my life in a way that pleases you. Help me to love Kathy in a way that makes it easy for her to show me respect. Thank you for bringing her into my life. I pray for the men of our church. Help them to be real men. Help us to love our spouse as Christ loved the church.  Help us to take courage and be men.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 2; 1 Chronicles 29; Psalms 95; 2 Thessalonians 1


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: