Saturday, May 14, 2016

May The Lord Make Your Love For One Another And For All People Grow And Overflow


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

May The Lord
Make Your Love For One Another
And For All People Grow And Overflow



Scripture

1 Thessalonians 3

12 And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. 13 May he, as a result, make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy as you stand before God our Father when our Lord Jesus comes again with all his holy people. Amen. NLT

And may the Master pour on the love so it fills your lives and splashes over on everyone around you, just as it does from us to you. May you be infused with strength and purity, filled with confidence in the presence of God our Father when our Master Jesus arrives with all his followers. I Thessalonians 3:12-13 MESSAGE

Observation

I don’t love him anymore or maybe for you it is I don’t love her anymore.

What happened?

I am so glad that our Heavenly Father doesn’t love us only when we do everything right. We would be in real trouble if He gave us the boot because we continually messed up! We don’t deserve His love, but He loves us unconditionally.

Love is always a choice.

Love is not just emotion and passion; it is not all romance and warm fuzzy feelings even though all of that is greatly appreciated in our house!

Love, God’s kind of love, “Agape love” is way more than that. It is self-less rather than selfish! It goes the distance! It is what you and I read about in 1 Corinthians 13!

In marriage “I love you” really means: “I promise to be there for you all of my days.” It is a promise that says, “I will be there when you lose your job, your health, your parents, your looks, your confidence, your friends. It is a promise that tells your partner, I’ll build you up; I will overlook your weaknesses; I’ll forgive your mistakes; I’ll put your needs above my own; I’ll stick by you when the going gets tough.”

Sometimes my love and your love needs to be tough, very tough, extremely tough! Enabling someone to continue living life in a destructive kind of life style is not really showing that we love him or her at all.

Take for instance the way God loves us. He is going to do whatever it takes to get our attention. Will He let me suffer the consequences of my sins? You better believe that He will.

Tough love! Maybe you are experiencing it right now. Or maybe you need to experience it right now! Or maybe you are having to exercise “tough love” right now with a spouse or with one of your children or someone else that you care about!

Application

I will pray for you and I will pray for myself and I will ask God to give us His Agape love for those around us even if they though they certainly may not deserve it!

Prayer

Here is my prayer for you. It is also a prayer for me!

And may the Master pour on the love so it fills your lives and splashes over on everyone around you, just as it does from us to you. May you be infused with strength and purity, filled with confidence in the presence of God our Father when our Master Jesus arrives with all his followers.  1 Thessalonians 3:12-13


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Chronicles 22,23,24; 1 Thessalonians 3



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: