Thursday, May 05, 2016

You Must Love The LORD Your God With All Your Heart, All Your Soul, And All Your Mind. And Love Your Neighbor As Yourself


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Must Love The LORD Your God With All Your Heart, All Your Soul,
And All Your Mind.
And Love Your Neighbor As Yourself

 
Scripture

Matthew 22

36 “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”

37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

Observation

You must … as you read this you are probably thinking, Eddy don’t you tell me what I must do.

Fair enough, but these words are not my words. Oh no, this is Jesus talking!

Everything that we read in our Bibles, everything that we read in the Word of God depends and hangs on these two commandments.

As you read or if you have already read your Bible hopefully this morning just think about how these two commandments are behind every story, every commandment, and every promise found in the Word of God.

So here are the big questions, “How are we doing living out Matthew 22:37-40? Is the Lord God our first love? Does He have first place in our hearts and in our lives?

Do those around us know that we love them as much as we love ourselves? Being selfish comes so easy for me – living out God’s second greatest commandment requires me to die daily to Me, Myself, and I.

Application

I will ask the Lord to be first in my life today. I will also ask Him to show me every time “I” become more important to myself than those God has placed around me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to put You first today and others second. It is so easy for me to think about “me, myself, and I”. It is so easy. Help me to die to self today. Help me to live out Your two greatest commandments in a way that makes You smile.
   
   


   


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 10; 1 Chronicles 20; Psalm 20; Matthew 22



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: