Saturday, May 28, 2016

Leave Your Simple Ways Behind, And Begin To Live; Learn To Use Good Judgment


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Leave Your Simple Ways Behind,
And Begin To Live;
Learn To Use Good Judgment


Scripture

Proverbs 9

Leave your simple ways behind, and begin to live;
    learn to use good judgment.”


Observation

Trust me if someone says to you that you still act just like you did when you were in High School don’t think they are paying you a compliment. 

Stupid is as stupid does and I have made plenty of stupid costly decisions in my life! Let me tell you about the wisest decision that I ever made in my life; it was to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to be my Lord and Savior. I have never regretted that decision!

I look back on my life as a young married 18 year old. I remember trying to fill the emptiness in my life with all the wrong things. I am so thankful that the Lord sent a godly man into my life to tell me about Jesus Christ. It was at that moment that I left my simple ways behind, and I began to live! Have you made that wise decision yet?

The second best decision that I have ever made in my life was to marry Kathy! Shout Amen all of you who know my wife! She is a gift from above! God brought her into my life! She is pure joy!

But … Good judgment is still something that I sometimes come up short on and don’t always use. I get hoodwinked every once in awhile. People still pull the wool over my eyes so I sometimes get deceived.  Maybe I am too trusting. I guess even at my age that I am still learning to use good judgment.

    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

 Application

I will continue to ask the Lord for wisdom to help me make better decisions and wiser choices. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to trust in You and not lean or depend on my own understanding. Help me to seek Your will in all that I do and not lean on my own understanding. Give me discernment so I don’t make decisions that hurt my family or Your Kingdom. I know that I can call on You and I know that You will hear me and You will answer my prayers.


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 7,8,9; Romans 9; Psalm 28, 128; Proverbs 28



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: