Wednesday, May 25, 2016

His Heart Was Not Fully Devoted To The Lord His God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

His Heart
Was Not
Fully Devoted To The Lord His God



Scripture

1 Kings 11:4-6 

    As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been. 

[5] He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites. 

[6] So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the Lord; he did not follow the Lord completely, as David his father had done. 

Observation

In his old age Solomon did not follow the Lord completely.

How sad is that!

Careful!

We could do the same thing!

You and I have the opportunity to live lives fully devoted to the Lord Jesus Christ, but every morning we must choose to love the Lord with all of our heart, with all of our mind and with all of our soul.

We can choose to walk in obedience or we can make the choice to indulge in sin.

Here is a truth that we can take home from the story of Solomon: a half-hearted, lukewarm commitment to Jesus Christ makes for a miserable life.

A life totally committed to the Lord Jesus Christ is an abundant life, full of meaning and purpose.

The choice is ours!


Application

I make the choice to be a fully devoted follower of the Lord Jesus Christ! How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for showing me what happens when we don't stay totally committed to You. Don't let me indulge in sin. Don't let me walk away from You. Keep me close to You. I want to live in a way that brings You joy not sadness. Help me to walk in victory and not defeat. Don't let me be half-hearted. Don't let me be lukewarm. 

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
 

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 10,11; 2 Chronicles 9; Romans 6; Psalm 25, Psalm 125; Proverbs 25




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: