Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Lord, Son Of David, Have Mercy On Us!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Lord,
Son Of David,
Have Mercy On Us!



Scripture

Matthew 20

29 As Jesus and the disciples left the town of Jericho, a large crowd followed behind.
 
30 Two blind men were sitting beside the road. When they heard that Jesus was coming that way, they began shouting, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!”

31 “Be quiet!” the crowd yelled at them.

But they only shouted louder, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!”

32 When Jesus heard them, he stopped and called, “What do you want me to do for you?”

33 “Lord,” they said, “we want to see!” 34 Jesus felt sorry for them and touched their eyes. Instantly they could see! Then they followed him.

Observation

If we are not careful we will read right over some important stuff when we read our Bibles. I don’t know how many times I have read this passage without stopping to think about its significance!

Helen Keller when asked a question about her blindness responded to the person this way, “Is blindness the worst thing? No – sight with no vision is the worst thing.”

These two blind men were blind but they had vision! They recognized Jesus as the Christ, as the Messiah, as the Son of David when the crowds around them were telling them to shut up!

My prayer for you and your family is that you will see Jesus today for who He is! I pray that your spiritual eyes will be able to see Him and that you will follow Him today.

Application

Lord, I want to help people see Jesus!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is not the crowd. It is that one person that is open to the Gospel that I want to talk with. I want to help them to see Jesus as Lord. I want to be Your ambassador. I want to stand in the gap for them. Don’t let me get sidetracked with the busyness of life and miss opportunities to tell people about Jesus. Give me boldness. Give me courage. Give me love for the people around me. I pray for my pastor today. Thank You for the powerful message he preached Sunday, which I am still thinking about, and that I am so grateful for today. 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: