Saturday, May 07, 2016

“LORD, Help!” They Cried In Their Trouble And He Rescued Them From Their Distress.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“LORD, Help!”
They Cried In Their Trouble
And He Rescued Them From Their Distress.



Scripture

Psalm 107

Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble,
    and he rescued them from their distress.


Observation

If you take a minute to read Psalm 107 you will find this same phrase used 4 different times in the Psalm.

When something is repeated over and over and over again in Scripture it is something that God doesn’t want us to miss!

I have been doing a lot of crying out to my Heavenly Father lately. LORD, help!

Here is what I know from this very same Psalm:

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

When God created you and when God created me He created both of us to be dependent on Him. 

We were not designed to fly solo! In fact, we were designed to fly through life as copilots and with God as our Pilot. Crash and burn is what happens when we take the controls!

Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them. Psalm 107:17

Is it wrong for you and me to cry out to the Lord for help? No! It is wrong if and when we don’t.

Application

I will not let pride or anything else keeping me from going to my Heavenly Father and crying out to Him each and every time I need His help.  How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I give thanks to You my Lord, for You are good! Your faithful love endures forever. You have redeemed me and I will speak out! I will tell others that You have redeemed me from my enemies.  I will praise You Lord for Your great love and for the wonderful things You have done for me. Psalm 107:1-2, 8 (Personalized)


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 13,14; Matthew 24; Psalm 7, Psalm 107; Proverbs 7




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: