Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Guard Your Heart Above All Else For It Determines The Course Of Your Life


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Guard Your
Heart Above All Else
For It Determines The Course Of Your Life

Scripture

Proverbs 4

23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.


25 Look straight ahead,
    and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
    stay on the safe path.
27 Don’t get sidetracked;
    keep your feet from following evil.



Observation

After surviving a damaging heart attack Eddy now takes care of his heart and Kathy makes sure that he does! But I have to guard my spiritual heart Kathy can’t do that for me. 

Why is it so important that I start out my day in God’s Word and spend time with Him everyday in prayer? Because that is how I guard and protect my heart!

   How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11

   The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living. Psalm 19:8

   My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” Psalm 27:8

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food. Job 23:12

Have you read from God’s Word today? Have you stopped and thought to have a conversation with your Heavenly Father?

Application

I will guard my heart so that I can finish well. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me guard my heart. I don’t want to do stupid sins that will mess up my life. I want to finish well. I know how to keep my way pure. By living according to your word. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you   Your commandments are right. They bring joy to my heart. Your commands are clear. They give insight for my life.   My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. 

Help me be able to say like Your servant Job said, “I have not departed from Your commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food.” . Psalm 119:9,11 Psalm 19:8; Psalm 27:8; Psalm 51:10; Job 23:12 (Personalized)



Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 8,9; 1 Chronicles 18,19; Matthew 21; Psalm 4; Psalm 104; Proverbs 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: