Tuesday, May 24, 2016

We Can Rejoice Too, When We Run Into Problems And Trials


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Can Rejoice Too,
When We Run
Into Problems And Trials



Scripture

Romans 5

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.
 
And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
 
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.


Observation

Trouble, Troubles, and more Troubles, maybe that describes your life lately!

Yes, we experience problems and trials because of stupid decisions that we make … you and I can do some really dumb stuff, some really stupid sins.

Other times we get clobbered because of the stupid things that other people do. Their stupid actions, their dumb sins can wipe us out!

What can we do?

The Apostle Paul says we can and should, “Rejoice”! 

God is at work! All these troubles are building and strengthening our character!

God loves us dearly and He is not going to waste one of these hurts!

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28


Application

I will rejoice in the Lord no matter what comes my way! How about you? 

Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say, “Rejoice!” Philippians 4:4

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! Habakkuk 3:17-19


Even though ___ (fill in the blank) _____ yet I will rejoice in the LORD!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, without troubles and trials in this life I would never learn to depend and trust in You. I know that many of my problems are because of the stupid sins that I commit. Thank You for forgiving me when I sin, when I come to You for forgiveness. Even when I am affected by the sins of others I know that You turn even those bad things around for my own good.  

I pray for anyone reading this blog that may be experiencing the consequences of their own sins or the consequences of the sins of someone else. Help them trust and depend on You. You are a Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You!



Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 9; 2 Chronicles 8; Psalms 136; Romans 5



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: