Thursday, May 19, 2016

I Will Refuse To Look At Anything Vile And Vulgar


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Will
Refuse To Look At
Anything Vile And Vulgar


Scripture

Psalms 101

I will refuse to look at
    anything vile and vulgar.


Observation

Have you realized yet that you need to set down some boundaries in your life so that you do not fall, crash, and burn when it comes to lust and temptation?

Here are some simple things that have helped me steer clear of trouble:

  1. I will not meet with or counsel a woman without someone else being with me. I will not be alone with a woman other than my wife.
  2. I will not eat a meal alone with a woman other than my wife.
  3. I will not drive or ride in a car alone with a woman other than my wife.
  4. I will not watch Victoria Secret commercials.
  5. I will not watch bedroom scenes on television even if when the scene is not graphic or very revealing.

If I watch a pretty girl walking down the street or across my path and I realize that my glance has turned into a gaze and that gaze is quickly moving to lust I try to remember to say to myself, “Jesus died for that sin.” Saying that simple phrase to myself takes all the fun out of looking and gets me back on track where I should be!

If you are a woman and you are reading this blog I hope that you have set down similar boundaries for yourself! This is not just a man’s problem!

 “I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman.” Job 31:1

Application

King David said in Psalm 101:2b, “I will lead a life of integrity.” I want to lead a life of integrity in my home too! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a man of integrity. Help me to be strong and not weak. Don’t let me yield to the temptations that come my way. Don’t let me do stupid sins. Guard my eyes and my heart. Don’t let me sin against You. I pray for the men and women in our church. Help them to set boundaries for their lives. Protect them from the evil one. He is a roaring lion waiting for the opportunity to destroy them. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 4,5; 2 Chronicles 2; Psalms 101; 2 Thessalonians 3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: