Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Teach These New Disciples To Obey All The Commands I Have Given You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Teach These New Disciples
To
Obey All The Commands I Have Given You.


 
Scripture


Matthew 18

18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”


Observation


Jesus loves you just the way you are, but He loves you way too much to let you stay just like you are! That is why Jesus has given us the task of making disciples! Discipleship is teaching new Christians to obey “all the commands” that Jesus has given to us in His Word. 

The Bible is full of promises that we can count on but it is also full of commands for us to follow! You and I cannot live godly lives without obedience to what God tells us in His Word.

What Jesus is saying to me in verse 20 and hopefully is saying to you is that it is our job to help new believers grow in Christ.

And He also says in verse 20 that He is going to always be right with us to help us get the job done.
Yesterday I read that the godly are showered with blessings. The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Proverbs 10:6 and Psalm 37:23




Application


Today, as I read Matthew 28:18-20 I am reminded that it is my job to help men live godly lives. Teaching them to obey “all” the commands that the Lord has given us!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live out Matthew 28:18-20. Bring men into my life that have a desire to grow spiritually and give me the ability to help them to become mighty men of God. I pray for wisdom and strength and a heart of obedience today to be the man that You want me to be. 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 19,20; Psalms 55; Matthew 28





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: