Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Take Your Everyday, Ordinary Life – Your Sleeping, Eating, Going-To-Work, And Walking Around Life – And Place It Before God As An Offering


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Take Your Everyday, Ordinary Life –
Your Sleeping, Eating, Going-To-Work, And Walking Around Life –
And Place It Before God As An Offering



Scripture

Romans 12

1 So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. MESSAGE

2 Do not be ·shaped by [conformed to; pressed into a mold by] this ·world [age]; instead be ·changed within [transformed] by ·a new way of thinking [or changing the way you think; the renewing of your mind]. Then you will be able to ·decide [discern; test and approve] what ·God wants for you [is God’s will]; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect. EXB

Observation

What God wants us to be is a “living sacrifice”. If we offered “dead sacrifices” to the Lord like what was done in the Old Testament that would be one thing, but to be a “living sacrifice” now that is not easy. You ask why? Here is why - because as living sacrifices we must make the decision daily not to crawl off of the altar. How are we doing with that? 

You and I are also not to be squeezed, molded, or shaped by the world around us into something that resembles them. Instead we are to let God transform, change, and re-mould our minds from within. 

Romans 12 is so full of great stuff! Take a few minutes to read it for yourself and see what God shows you. Let me know what jumps out at you this morning from this great chapter! 

Application

I will place my ordinary life before God this morning as a “living sacrifice”. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live my life today as a living sacrifice. Help me to keep You as the Number One priority in my life. Don’t let me get sidetracked by the world around me. Don’t let the world squeeze me into something that doesn’t please You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 16,17,18; Romans 12



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!




> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: