Tuesday, January 05, 2016

But Because You Say So


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But Because
You
Say So


Scripture

Luke 5

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”

Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”

When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.

Observation

When I was a teenager my Dad, my brother Rick, and I were commercial fisherman. We fished for Pompano in Tampa Bay and in the Gulf of Mexico. I have some great memories of those nights spent on the water and I can remember some pretty good fish stories too.

When I read this story I am pretty sure that I know exactly how Peter the fisherman felt. He had Jesus the Carpenter telling him how to fish. Jesus was telling Peter to put down his nets in broad daylight after fishing all night and catching nothing!

Net fisherman fish at night for a reason. The reason being is that at night the fish will not be able to see the net. And besides that pretty obvious fact, Peter and his crew were physically and emotionally tired out from fishing all night and catching nothing!

Here is the lesson for me today. Jesus is always asking me to do more than I feel like doing. He wants me and He wants you to learn to operate by faith and not by feelings. Your feelings and my feelings are all over the place.

If we obey Christ only when we feel like it then we will never walk in obedience.

We need to glance at our circumstances and we need to focus our gaze on the Lord Jesus Christ!


Application

I will focus on Jesus and I will say to the Lord, “But because you say so, I will…”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know me. You know that my feelings are all over the place. One minute I feel good and the next minute it seems that I am not feeling very good. Help me not to let how I feel dictate how I serve and worship You. Help me to be obedient. Help me to do what You are telling me to do. Don’t let me live my life dependent on how I feel. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 12,13,14; Luke 5





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: