Saturday, January 16, 2016

Use Your Worldly Resources To Benefit Others And Make Friends


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Use Your
Worldly Resources
To Benefit Others And Make Friends



Scripture

Luke 16

“The rich man had to admire the dishonest rascal for being so shrewd. And it is true that the children of this world are more shrewd in dealing with the world around them than are the children of the light.
 
Here’s the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home.

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. 11 And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven? 12 And if you are not faithful with other people’s things, why should you be trusted with things of your own?

Observation

The people around us can be and they are very shrewd. Just read the newspaper and you can see just how shrewd people can be! 

Jesus tells a story about a rich man and a poor beggar named Lazarus a little further down in this same chapter of Luke. The rich man thought that he was pretty shrewd. Read the story and you will find out that it didn’t turn out well at all for that shrewd rich man!

If you and I are going to be rich then lets be rich in friends! 

I find it interesting to hear how generous all of us would be if we won a lottery. 

I have said to Kathy that if I ever found a winning lottery ticket on the ground this is what I would do. I would do blah, blah, and blah and then I would give most of it away, and you have probably said the same thing.

The real hard question for all of us is this, “How generous are we now”? 

Don’t think that the man and woman that live in Tennessee that just won a third of the Powerball jackpot are going to now live a worry free life. On the contrary, their lives will never be free of worry anymore! Not unless, they really do quickly give it all away!

Application

The message to me this morning is that I need to be a good steward of what God has allowed me to have. I am to use it well. I need to be generous and not stingy.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live in a way that brings You honor and glory. Don’t let me look at possessions and money as anything other than being on loan from You. I don’t own anything. I am not taking anything with me when I die. Show me how to use what I have in a way that pleases You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 39,40,41; Luke 16



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: