Thursday, January 07, 2016

Your Sins Are Forgiven


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Your Sins
Are
Forgiven

Kathy told me this morning that no one won the 500 million dollar power ball drawing last night. So now the jackpot will be over 600 million dollars! Let me tell you about something that is way better and way more important than you or I winning that 600 million dollar jackpot next week. Are you listening?

Scripture

Luke 7

37 When a certain immoral woman from that city heard he was eating there, she brought a beautiful alabaster jar filled with expensive perfume. 38 Then she knelt behind him at his feet, weeping. Her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing his feet and putting perfume on them.

39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know what kind of woman is touching him. She’s a sinner!”

47 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” 48 Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The men at the table said among themselves, “Who is this man, that he goes around forgiving sins?”

50 And Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Observation

Kathy told me this morning that no one won the 500 million dollar power ball drawing last night. So now the jackpot will be over 600 million dollars! Let me tell you about something that is way better and way more important than you or I winning that jackpot next week.

Are you listening?

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? Matthew 16:26

Lets not put our hopes and dreams in something that even if we won would not take care of our deepest needs. Money, no matter how much we have (not even 600 million dollars) can meet our deepest needs.

You and I are sinners. Our sin separates us from God. Unless we confess our sins and trust in what Jesus did for us on the cross we will die in our sins. 

    The law of Moses could not save us, because of our sinful nature. But God put into effect a different plan to save us. He sent his own Son in a human body like ours, except that ours are sinful. God destroyed sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins. Romans 8:3

You and I need to put our faith and trust in what God did for us. He sacrificed His only Son on a cross for our sins. We need to turn from sin and selfish living and turn to God by placing our faith and trust in Jesus Christ.  

This Good News is bigger and better than any jackpot that you or I could ever hope to win!

When I am tempted to go down and buy a dollar lottery ticket (yes I am tempted) I remind myself that I am a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and if He wanted to He could give me way more than 600 million dollars. God owns it all. Whatever I need God has promised to supply. (Matthew 6:33)

The sinful immoral woman in this story left the presence of Jesus – RICH! Why? … Because she was forgiven!

Do you know Jesus Christ? Have you surrendered your life to Him? Why not put your faith and trust in Him today?

   



Application


I will ask the Lord to help me to be content with what He has provided me. I will ask Him to help me be a better steward of what He has already given me.  How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the Apostle Paul’s attitude that he reveals in Philippians 4:11-13 and 2 Corinthians 6:10. Help me to be satisfied with what I have. 

“ Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.  For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”

Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything. 2 Corinthians 6:10


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 18,19; Psalms 3; Luke 7




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: