Friday, January 15, 2016

For You Look Deep Within The Mind And Heart, O Righteous God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For You Look
Deep Within The Mind And Heart,
O Righteous God


Scripture

Psalm 7

9…b For you look deep within the mind and heart,
    O righteous God.


10 God is my shield,
    saving those whose hearts are true and right.


11 God is an honest judge.
    He is angry with the wicked every day.


Observation

Adam and Eve after they had sinned tried to hide from God in the Garden. It is impossible to hide from God; we can’t even think a thought without Him knowing exactly what we are thinking.

“Those dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.” Romans 8:5

I don’t know about you, but there are a lot of thoughts that have gone around in my head that would not be pleasing and must not have pleased my Heavenly Father.

If your thoughts and my thoughts were put up on a big screen for everyone to see both of us would be very embarrassed. Yet God does see them and in spite of what He sees He still loves us.

You and I are both sinners. I am a forgiven sinner. I don’t know about you. Neither of us, because we are sinners deserve a relationship with God. We deserve to go to Hell. God sent Jesus His own Son to give His life as a sacrifice for our sins. Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for all my sins in full with His death on the cross.

O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand! Psalm 139:1-6


Application

I will pray Psalm 139:23-24 to the Lord this morning.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is my prayer to You this morning!

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
    and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24



Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 37,38; Psalms 7; Luke 15





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: