Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Intelligent Children Listen To Their Parents


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Intelligent
Children
Listen To Their Parents


Scripture

Proverbs 13:1

Intelligent children listen to their parents; foolish children do their own thing. MESSAGE 

Observation

As I read Proverbs 13 this morning it struck me that God wasn’t talking about little kids when He had the writer pen this proverb.

No, this Proverb is aimed at young adults who have the opportunity to listen to the advice of their Mom and Dad as they start out on their own.

Kathy and I will always be the parents of our children no matter how old they get and we will be their parents until the day we die! And we will never ever stop trying to offer advice to help our children as they raise their own families and as they make decisions as adults.

God says that those children who listen to the advice of their parents are “wise” and those that don’t listen are “foolish”!

Just sayin!

Your Mom and your Dad have been around the block a few times and they can actually have some good advice that might help you if you will just take time to listen.

My parents died when they were both 58 years old. In their place God put some older godly men and women in my life to help steer my life in the right direction.

One of the things that I learned from my Dad was to work hard. He was constantly working. One of the many things that I learned from my Mom was how important it is to love and enjoy the people that God brings into your life!

So let me ask you? Do you take the time to talk to your Mom and Dad and get their advice? Are you wise? Or are you hardheaded, a knucklehead, and a fool that just wants to learn everything on your own?

Application

I will ask God for the wisdom to know when and how to give advice so it is accepted and helpful.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I read about Jacob this morning in Genesis, and how he was obedient to his parents and how that turned out for him. Help me to be a good father and good grandfather to my children. Give me wisdom so that when I give advice it will be helpful to those I offer it to. I pray for my children that they will turn to You and talk to You about their problems and their opportunities. I pray that they will seek Your face. I pray that You bless them and bless my grandchildren. Nothing is too hard for You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 31,32,33; Luke 13; 




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: