Friday, January 01, 2016

In The Beginning God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

In
The Beginning
God

Lets start out 2016 in a way that will bring God glory and honor and in a way where you and I will be assured of God’s blessing. Lets put Him first. As I begin reading the Bible over again this year I do it with excitement and anticipation. I know that God has new things for me to learn as I dig in and explore His Word. Setting goals for 2016 or New Year’s resolutions are not a bad thing, but making a commitment(s) to the Lord is so much better.


Scripture

Genesis 1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.


Observation

Lets start out 2016 in a way that will bring God glory and honor and in a way where you and I will be assured of God’s blessing.

Lets put Him first.

As I begin reading the Bible over again this year I do it with excitement and anticipation. I know that God has new things for me to learn as I dig in and explore His Word.

Setting goals for 2016 or New Year’s resolutions are not a bad thing, but making a commitment to the Lord is so much better.

Here are a few basic commitments that if you make them will change your life:

  1. Making the commitment to put your relationship to God first. Surrendering your life to the Lord Jesus Christ and asking Him to be your Savior and Lord.
  2. Start reading the Bible everyday.
  3.  Find an exciting, vibrant church where the Word of God is preached and lives are being changed. Then plant your life in that church and begin to serve. 
  4. Participate in a life group where you will be challenged to grow and where you can make friends that will be your friends forever.

“In the beginning God created” … God created you and He created me and He created us to have lives full of meaning and purpose.

Lets experience all God has for us in 2016! I am ready! R U?

Application

I will look forward to reading the Bible through in 2016. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I look forward to the future. I look forward to seeing what lies ahead for me and my family. Lead me to make commitments to You that I can keep. I don’t want to make empty promises. I pray for my family and my friends. I pray that you bless and prosper them in 2016. Some of them need to turn the direction of their lives around. Help them to draw close to You during this new year. So them that they can trust You and that they can commit their lives to You. Bless them as they do. Don’t let them continue to walk away from You. Help them to see that You are Creator God and help them to see that You have created them for a purpose.
Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 1,2; Luke 1





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: