Friday, January 22, 2016

I Am Teaching You Today – Yes, You --- So You Will Trust In The LORD


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Am Teaching You Today –
Yes, You ---
So You Will Trust In The LORD

I have heard people say and you probably have heard it said too, “Just trust in yourself.” Maybe we have even said that phrase to ourselves or to someone else that lacked self-confidence, but it much more important for us to learn to put our total trust in the Lord. Living your life and living my life like God doesn’t exist is a lousy way to live. God wants to bless you. He wants to bless me. It is impossible for Him to do that if we don’t trust Him and put our faith in Him.


Scripture

Proverbs 22

19 I am teaching you today—yes, you—
    so you will trust in the Lord.


Observation

I have heard people say and you probably have heard it said too, “Just trust in yourself.” Maybe we have even said that phrase to ourselves or to someone else that lacked self-confidence, but it much more important for us to learn to put our total trust in the Lord.

    “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”  Proverbs 3:5-6 

“Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing.” Psalm 34:10

“The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.” Nahum 1:7

 Living your life and living my life like God doesn’t exist is a lousy way to live. God wants to bless you. He wants to bless me. It is impossible for Him to do that if we don’t trust Him and put our faith in Him. 


    “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
   

Application

I will strive to trust the Lord today with every detail of my life today. I will talk to Him all day long. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, because You are my Shepherd, I have everything I need! You let me rest in the meadow grass and You lead me beside the quiet streams. You give me new strength. You help me do what honors him the most. Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way. You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as your guest; blessings overflow! Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home. Psalm 23:1-6 (Personalized)

   


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 3,4,5; Luke 22; Psalm 22; Proverbs 22


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: