Saturday, January 30, 2016

You Are The Salt Of The Earth You Are The Light Of The World


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Are The Salt Of The Earth
You
Are The Light Of The World



Scripture

Matthew 5

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt should lose its taste, how can it be made salty? It’s no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled on by men.

14 “You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.

Observation

Do you have a “life verse”? My life verse is Matthew 5:16. I learned that verse I guess when I was a in the R.A.’s (Royal Ambassadors for Christ) in a small Baptist church that my Granny took me to when I was just a little guy about 8 or 9 years old. I have never forgotten that verse!

You and I, if we are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, are to be to those around us like salt and light. Salt both influences and preserves. As salt you and I are called on to influence those around us and cause them to have a hunger and thirst for Jesus Christ. Our godliness is also supposed to slow down the moral rot that is going on all around us.

We are to be the light of the world. Our lives should shine in such a way that people see Jesus in us.

Today we have the opportunity to be both “salt” and “light”. Let’s do it!


Application


I will light my light shine today! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live up to my life verse today. Help my influence count for what matters today. Don’t let me lose my saltiness. Don’t let me lose my influence for You. I pray for our leadership team today. Give them strength to serve You well. Keep them away from stupid sins that would cause them to lose their influence. Help them to be the salt and the light that You have called them to be! Bless my children and my grandchildren today. Help them to see the need for being in church tomorrow. Give them the desire to go and help them to grow in Christ.


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 25,26,27; Acts 6; Psalm 30, Proverbs 30; Matthew 5:13-20



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: